- Quantum field theory
- Applications of AdS/CFT:
- in condensed matter and elementary particle physics
- to non-equilibrium systems
- Hydrodynamics and the AdS/CFT correspondence
- Anomaly effects in QCD and in condensed matter systems
- Weyl semimetals and other topological materials
- String Theory
- Since October 2016: Lecturer at Julius-Maximilians University Würzburg, Germany.
- 2015-2016: Alexander von Humboldt Feodor Lynen Postdoctoral Fellow at Stony Brook University.
- 2012-2015: Project Researcher at Kavli Institute for Physics and Mathematics of the Universe, The University of Tokyo, Japan.
- 2009-2012: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Crete Center for Theoretical Physics, University of Crete, Greece.
- 2009: PhD Graduation summa cum laude at Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich.
- 2006-2009: PhD student at Ludwig-Maximilians University and the Max-Planck-Institute for Physics, Munich.
- 2006: 'Diplom' (equiv. to M.Sc.) degree in physics from Leipzig University.