Precondition: Your application to the Faculty of Physics and Astronomy was successful and you have received a letter of admission from the examination board.
Then you can send your original documents to the University of Würzburg in the second step.
On this page you will find important information about the documents you have to submit.
Submit your application documents
- All documents must be filled outcompletely and truthfully and only original versions with an original (non-electronic) signature will be accepted;
- An officially-certified copy of all certificates or credentials must be included in the application. Do not submit original copies. The University of Würzburg assumes no liability for unrequested documents submitted with an application;
- If the original was not issued in German or English, an officially-certified translation of all certificates in German or English is required.
- You must include a valid email address where you can be reached reliably and quickly. If the name of the applicant differs from the name on the mailbox, it is imperative that the c/o field on the application form be filled out. If your contact information changes, please inform us promptly at email@example.com.
Only complete applications submitted on time and with the following documents will be considered:
- Application for admission: Please fill in the application form.
- Certificate of general qualification for university entrance (i.e. High School Diploma);
- Certificate of English proficiency (see section Language Requirements)
- If you already studied at an university: University transcript of records or certificate of degree
- If you attended "Studienkolleg": Certificate of successfully completed assessment exam
- Certificate of university entrance exam if you completed one in your home country
- Applicants from China, India and Vietnam must submit the original certificate from the Academic Evaluation Center (Akademische Prüfstelle - APS). You'll get further information at the the German Embassy in your home country.
For subjects without admission restrictions, a file upload via the application portal is sufficient. For subjects with admission restrictions, the application documents must either be handed in personally at the International Office Incoming or sent by post to this address:
International Students Office
Please note that the University of Würzburg does NOT cover postage costs for your application documents. Therefore, please make sure that your application documents have sufficient postage.
Your application is processed by the International Office Incoming
The International Office Incoming at the University of Würzburg reviews your application based on the following criteria:
- If you are eligible for direct admission to a university;
- If you are required to attend "Studienkolleg", in order to prepare for the university assessment exam
- If your German proficiency is sufficient/ if you need to take a DSH-Exam (German as a Foreign Language exam)
The International Office Incoming does NOT give information about the status of your application before you have received the official notification. We will process your application carefully and as quickly as possible. We thank you for your understanding that inquiries about your application status will not be answered.
For degrees in German: If you successfully completed the DSH-Exam or Assessment Exam from a Studienkolleg, you can enrol at the University. You will receive further information regarding enrolment with your Letter of Admission.