The predecessor of the SFB requested here, i.e. Forschergruppe FOR1162 entitled “Electron Correlation-Induced Phenomena in Surfaces and Interfaces with Tunable Interactions”, has successfully conducted a Fall School in 2011 and three International Workshops in 2011 – 2013.
While we want to maintain the successful concept of Summer/Fall Schools, we want to give the PhD students a more active role during the planning, organization, and realization of the Schools. This will include:
- Development of the general scientific scope of the Summer/Fall School
- Determination and acquisition of suitable international lecturers
- Final scheduling of the School’s sessions and program
- The conduction and chairing of sessions
- Organization of a social program
See the following link for a descriptin of the successful organization of the SFB Fall School 2016.