- Theoretical condensed matter physics
- Fundamental theoretical research
- Many-body theory of electronic excitations in ordered and disorderd solids (both in bulk and on the surface).
- Theory of additional elementary excitations (phonons, photons, etc.) andcomparison with experimental results by, e. g., the Chairs for Experimental Physics III and IV.
- Renormlization group and Monte-Carlo calculations for quantummechanical many-body models.
- Theory of high temperture superconductivity
- Quantum wells
- Stability of dissipative systems
- Non-linear dynamics
- Chaotic systems