My research concentrates on multi-wavelength studies of radio-loud Active Galactic Nuclei (AGN). For my PhD I coordinate and analyze observations of a radio-loud Narrow-Line Seyfert Galaxies (RL-NLS1). Seyfert galaxies are radio-quiet AGN, without relativistic outflows. In 2010, a handful of radio-loud Seyfert galaxies were observed in gamma-rays which demonstrated the existence of a powerful relativistic jet in these systems. This imposes a number of questions on the accepted paradigm of radio-loud AGN. A careful study of their emission spectrum is necessary to understand the nature of these objects.
In addition, I am interested in X-ray spectroscopy of obscured AGN in Seyfert Galaxies. The intrinsic X-ray emission from their active center is absorbed by matter in the line of sight but secondary emission scattered and reflected off the circumnuclear matter can be observed. Studying their complex X-ray spectra gives insight in the structure and physical processes occurring in the inner regions of active galaxies.
- 2016 Erlangen, Germany, FRANCI Meeting, contributed talk, "Time-resolved broad band observations of blazars in outburst"
- 2016 Amsterdam, NL, "11th INTEGRAL workshop", contributed talk, "Time-resolved broad band observations of blazars in outburst"
- 2016 Munich, Germany, ESO, "AGN - What's in a name?", poster presentation, "FACT monitoring of a blazar in outburtst"
- 2015 Madrid, Spain, ESAC, Trainee Alumni Meeting, contributed talk, "The nature of the gamma-ray NLS1 PKS 2004-447"
- 2015 Madrid, Spain, "The extremes of black hole accretion", poster presentation "The EXTras project"
- 2015 Bamberg, Germany, FRANCI Meeting, contributed talk, "The EXTraS project"
- 2015 Cracow, Poland, "Relativistic Jets:Creation Dynamics and internal physics", poster presentation "The gamma-ray loud NLS1 PKS 2004-447"
- 2014 Bamberg, Germany, "AG Tagung: The variable Sky", poster presentation "The curious case of gamma-ray NLS1"
- 2014 Dublin, Ireland, "The X-ray Universe 2014", poster presentation "Multiwavelength Observation of the RL-NLS1 PKS 2004-447"
- 2014 Lewes, Delaware, USA, Fermi Summer School 2014, participant & talk on "The curious case of gamma-ray NLS1"
- 2013 ESAC, Madrid, "Accretion 2013 Workshop", poster presentation, "Ionized X-ray emission in Compton-Thick AGN"
- 2013 Würzburg, Germany, FRANCI Meeting, contributed talk, "The MWL campaign on PKS 2004-447"
- 2013 Granada, "The innermost regions of relativistic jets and their magnetic fields", poster presentation, "A multi-wavelength study of the RL-NLSy1 PKS 2004-447"
- 2013 ASTRON/JIVE, Dwingeloo, European Radio Interferometry School, participant
- 2012 MPIfR, Bonn, "Nuclei of Seyfert galaxies and QSOs - Central engine & conditions of star formation", participant
- 2012 ESAC, Madrid, Spain, Annual Trainee Meeting, talk on "A multiwavelength campaign on AGN"
- 2012 Bamberg, Germany, "Black Hole Universe", participant
Undergraduate research assistance:
- 09/2011 - 03/2012 Advisor: M. Guainazzi, G. Miniutti, ESAC ESA - The iron abundance in Compton-Thick Active Galactic Nuclei (analysis of XMM-Newton data)
- 01/2010 - 06/2010 Advisor: Prof. Duschl, Univ. Kiel - Gravitational interactions between self-gravitating accretion discs (theoretical analysis)
- 11/2009 - 03/2010 Advisor: Prof. Heber, Univ. Kiel - Data analysis of the solar orbiter SOHO and Stereo
- 2014: Tutor of the DAAD RISE Programm
- 2011 - present: Tutor - Introduction to undergraduate courses for Maths and Astrophysics
- 2012 - present: Tutor/Organisation - lab course Astrophysics
- 2013 - present: PhD, University of Wuerzburg
- 02/2013: MSc. Physics, Thesis "An X-ray analysis of an XMM-Newton Sample of Compton-thick AGN", University of Wuerzburg
- 07/2010: BSc. Physics, Thesis "Wechselwirkende Akkretionsscheiben", University of Kiel
- 2013: W.C. Röntgen - Studienpreis