The door on the right hand side of the building should be open to everybody, Monday to Friday from 7am to 8pm (i.e. 07:00-20:00).
However, if you want to use the door on the left or enter the building at night or on the weekends, you should be aware of some idiosyncracies of the setup.Not all doors are created equal: the left door is an offline door, while right door is an online door.
- The right (online) door is connected to both the data and power networks.
- The left (offline) door has no connection to the data network and runs on batteries.
What does this affect you?
- The right (online) door has always up to date access permissions. Therefore you should always be able to use this door, unless there is a network or power outage. However, in that case you should still be able to use the left (offline) door.
- The left (offline) door relies on an activation code in the transponder to check whether it is still valid. This activation code is only valid for a few days, in order to minimize the damage from an transponder falling into the wrong hands. Therefore you must use the transponder on the right (online) door every once in a while, even if it's open, to be able to use the left (offline) door.
- The left (offline) door usuallr resonds with a (faint) green light. If this green light is preceeded by a red light, the battery in the door is about to die (less than 1000 door openings remain). Please report this to Brigitte or Thorsten immediately, so that the battery can be changed.